- Have a backup driver if you’re feeling too tired to drive.
- Don’t let kids distract you when you’re driving.
- There’s lots of extra traffic on the roads in the Tauranga region with the Anchor AIMS Games in town and many who are new to the roading layout – keep alert!
- Allow extra time to get to your destinationsAA safer driver tips – www.aa.co.nz/about/safety-on-the-roads/safer-drivers/
Location for: Anchor AIMS Games: Gymnastics
Please Note: We recommend catching the bus as there is very limited parking at ARGOS and being in an industrial area parking roadside is also very limited and council are very strict on illegal parking.
Location for: Anchor AIMS Games: Hockey (1 of 3 Hockey locations)
Location for: Anchor AIMS Games: Canoe Sport, Multisport
- There is strictly NO vehicle access to the park/Top Flat event site through the main gate – with the exception of other park visitors.
- ALL Anchor AIMS Games vehicles must drive past the main gate and continue 2.2km up to Maungapopo Road. Then turn right and into the signposted carpark at Blooming Acres (400 car parks).
- Shuttles will transport athletes and spectators the 1.5km down into McLaren Falls to Top Flat and back again when you wish to leave (please allow plenty of time for this).
- Mobility Card and Anchor AIMS Games Officials (car pass holders) will be directed where to drive on arrival to the Park n Ride site.