- Students competing must be enrolled full-time in the school they are representing.
- New Zealand students competing must be classified as a Year 7 or Year 8 student on the New Zealand Ministry of Education Enrol database.
- Participating New Zealand schools must be an affiliated member of NZAIMS – New Zealand Association of Intermediate and Middle Schooling http://nzaims.co.nz
- Students may compete in more than one code however timetable allowances will NOT be made for any competitors.
- Competitors must be over 10 years of age and under 13 years of age, as at 31 December the year before the tournament year. Competitor’s birthdates will be required on school registration documentation. For the 2021 AIMS Games, this means the accepted birth years are: 2008, 2009 and 2010.
- All participants must have online medical and media waiver documentation completed to be eligible compete.
- This is an inclusive event providing opportunities for students with physical, visual and intellectual disabilities to compete. The Para sports of Swimming and Cross Country require a provisional classification for eligibility. In all other sports, disabled athletes compete in an open class. See individual sports for entry requirements.
- The AIMS Games Trust support the full inclusion of transgender athletes. Transgender youth participate in sports for the same reasons that all young people do: to have fun, challenge themselves, and be part of a team where they feel included and accepted. Students who are transgender deserve the chance to succeed and thrive like any other student.
Statement Regarding International Participation:
At Alert Level 1 we all need to be ready in case Covid-19 reappears in our community.
The impacts of COVID-19 continue to be substantial across the world, the health and safety of our participants, supporters, volunteers, and contractors remain our number one priority.
Due to the current Covid-19 situation, the AIMS Games Trust, have made the tough decision to close off entries to international athletes for the 2021 Anchor AIMS Games School Sporting Championships.
We would like to thank you for your interest in our event and apologise for the disruption this has placed on your plans and training.