|Date||Monday 6th September to Friday 10th September 2021|
|Venue||Mount Sports Centre – Blake Park, Cnr Maunganui & Hull Road, Mount Maunganui|
|Managers Meeting||Monday 6th September 8.00am at the Mount Sports Centre – Blake Park, Cnr Maunganui & Hull Road, Mount Maunganui|
|Costs||$75.00 per player (NZ$)|
|Entries Close||Wednesday 9th June 2021 at 11.59pm – Online registrations close|
- Students competing must be enrolled full-time in the school they are representing.
- New Zealand students competing must be classified as a Year 7 or Year 8 student on the New Zealand Ministry of Education Enrol database.
- Participating New Zealand schools must be an affiliated member of NZAIMS – New Zealand Association of Intermediate and Middle Schooling http://nzaims.co.nz
- Students may compete in more than one code however timetable allowances will NOT be made for any competitors.
- Competitors must be over 10 years of age and under 13 years of age, as at 31 December the year before the tournament year. Competitor’s birthdates will be required on school registration documentation. For the 2021 AIMS Games, this means the accepted birth years are: 2008, 2009 and 2010.
- All participants must have online medical and media waiver documentation completed to be eligible compete.
- This is an inclusive event providing opportunities for students with physical, visual and intellectual disabilities to compete. The Para sports of Swimming and Cross Country require a provisional classification for eligibility. In all other sports, disabled athletes compete in an open class. See individual sports for entry requirements.
- Schools are required to pay the entry fee of $75.00 per competitor (NZ$).
- Non-refundable / Payment MUST be made within seven days of receipt of invoice.
- Invoices will be sent to the School Accounts Manager after the entry closing date, Wednesday 9th June 2021.
- Wednesday 9th June 2021 at 11.59pm
- Entries to the 2021 Anchor AIMS Games International Sporting Championships will be made and only accepted online
- All registrations are completed online with EnterNOW.
- Registrations will only be accepted from the designated School Anchor AIMS Games Coordinator.
- Schools will be allocated a unique Anchor AIMS Games registration log in code to complete their entries.
- EnterNOW demo video for schools – View Video
|Friday 12th February||Registration opens (EnterNOW).|
|Wednesday 9th June||Entries close for the 2021 Anchor AIMS Games at 11.59pm. The EnterNOW system will generate a confirmation email three days prior to entries closing so school coordinators can check that they have entered the correct individuals, teams, codes, divisions etc. The AIMS Games Trust has a strict NO REFUND policy from this date! NO EXCEPTIONS!|
|Wednesday 23rd June||All schools must have paid their registration invoice to have their entry confirmed. Late entries (if accepted) will incur a 50% penalty fee.|
|Wednesday 30th June||Confirmation sent to all 2021 participating schools (if registration for a sporting code is oversubscribed then the opportunity to compete will be at the discretion of the executive committee).|
|Wednesday 28th July||All Team/individual online name and code information registration forms to be completed.|
|Monday 2nd August||School group opening ceremony ticket bookings go on sale through Ticketek.|
|Monday 9th August||Public opening ceremony tickets go on sale through Ticketek.|
|Wednesday 11th August||Team sporting code draws published|
|Friday 13th August||All parents/caregivers must have completed their child’s medical and media waiver forms on our website.|
|Thursday 2nd September||Individual sporting code draws published.|
|Saturday 4th September||The 17th Anchor AIMS Games International Sporting Championships opens.|
|Sunday 5th September||Opening Ceremonies, Trustpower Arena at Baypark, Mt Maunganui (First show – 3.00pm, Second show – 7.00pm).|
Under 13 Year Divisions
- Combined Division (combined Under 13 Years Girls & Boys)
|Sunday 5th September||Opening Ceremony (Trustpower Arena at Baypark) First show – 3.00pm, Second show – 7.00pm|
|Monday 6th September||Managers Meeting (Mount Sports Centre – Blake Park) – 8.00am|
|Monday 6th September||Singles (Mount Sports Centre – Blake Park) – 8.30am|
|Tuesday 7th September||Singles (Mount Sports Centre – Blake Park) – 8.30am|
|Wednesday 8th September||Singles (Mount Sports Centre – Blake Park) – 8.30am|
|Thursday 9th September||Pairs (TMount Sports Centre – Blake Park) – 8.30am|
|Friday 10th September||Pairs (Mount Sports Centre – Blake Park)- 8.30am|
Indoor Bowls is a ‘No Exceptions’ sport that offers inclusion for players with disability. We are encouraging players in wheelchairs or with a physical impairment (including visual) to join the Anchor AIMS Games Indoor Bowls competition. If numbers warrant, an additional section may be established to run alongside the non-disabled event.
- The tournament will run under New Zealand Indoor Bowls Rules (a few exceptions apply).
- All equipment will be provided.
- The tournament organisers reserve the right to shorten games in order to ensure an outcome by the end of play each day.
- Once the draw has been set players may be replaced at the organiser’s discretion.
- Players arriving late for matches will be disqualified at the organiser’s discretion.
- Two sets of five ends starting on the bell.
- If the result is one set each, there will be a one end Tie Breaker set. If the end is killed, it may not be replayed.
- In post-section, the Tie Breaker set will be five ends for the Quarter Finals, Semi-Finals and Final. If the last end in the Tie Breaker is killed, it may be replayed.
Competition will consist of qualifying rounds, followed by post-section for those teams with three or more game wins. A pairs game shall be contested by four players, two in each team, a lead and a skip. Each player shall bowl three bowls.
- Pairs must come from the same school.
- Pairs names need to be confirmed by e-mail prior to or handed in at the Managers Meeting on the Monday morning.
- Two sets of four ends starting on the bell.
- If the result is one set each, there will be a one end Tie Breaker set. If the end is killed it may not be replayed.
- In post-section, the Tie Breaker set will be four ends for the Quarter-finals, Semi-finals and Final. If the last end in the Tie Breaker is killed, it may be replayed.
School Teams Event
The best four combined results in the singles and in the pairs will determine the team placing for your school. When team points are tied it is based on the school that has the highest placing(s).
- One adult must accompany each team.
- Supervisors and players need to provide their own lunches/drinks.
- Only non-marking shoes are to be worn on the mats.
- A tournament committee will be in place to administer and facilitate the running of this tournament.
- Umpires will be provided by the Tauranga Indoor Bowls Association.