|Date||Sunday 5th September to Friday 10th September 2021|
|Venue||Tauranga Netball Centre, Maunganui Road, Mount Maunganui|
|Managers Meeting||Sunday 5th September 1.00pm at Marquee Clubrooms OR Monday 6th September 8.00am at Marquee Clubrooms|
|Umpires Meeting||Sunday 5th September 1.00pm at Harbourside Netball Centre (upstairs) OR Monday 6th September 8.00am at Harbourside Netball Centre (upstairs)|
|Costs||$400.00 per team (NZ$) PLUS $750.00 if you don’t supply an umpire (NZ$)|
|Entries Close||Wednesday 9th June 2021 at 11.59pm – Online registrations close|
- Students competing must be enrolled full-time in the school they are representing.
- New Zealand students competing must be classified as a Year 7 or Year 8 student on the New Zealand Ministry of Education Enrol database.
- Participating New Zealand schools must be an affiliated member of NZAIMS – New Zealand Association of Intermediate and Middle Schooling https://nzaims.co.nz
- Students may compete in more than one code however timetable allowances will NOT be made for any competitors.
- Competitors must be Over 10 years of age and 13 years of age or Under as at the 1st January of the tournament year (2021). Competitor’s birthdates will be required on school registration documentation (accepted birth years for the 2021 Games are: 2008, 2009 and 2010).
- All participants must have online medical and media waiver documentation completed to be eligible compete.
- This is an inclusive event providing opportunities for students with physical, visual and intellectual disabilities to compete. The Para sports of Swimming and Cross Country require a provisional classification for eligibility. In all other sports, disabled athletes compete in an open class. See individual sports for entry requirements.
- Schools are required to pay the entry fee of $400.00 per team (NZ$).
- Should an umpire be required, then there is an additional cost of $750.00 for the week.
- Non-refundable / Payment MUST be made within seven days of receipt of invoice.
- Invoices will be sent to the School Accounts Manager after the entry closing date, Wednesday 9th June 2021.
- Wednesday 9th June 2021 at 11.59pm
- Entries to the 2021 Anchor AIMS Games International Sporting Championships will be made and only accepted online
- All registrations are completed online with EnterNOW.
- Registrations will only be accepted from the designated School Anchor AIMS Games Coordinator.
- Schools will be allocated a unique Anchor AIMS Games registration log in code to complete their entries.
- EnterNOW demo video for schools – View Video
If registration for an activity is oversubscribed, then the opportunity to participate will be at the discretion of the executive committee and no further correspondence will be entered into (if unsuccessful team/individual entry will be refunded). The four semi-finalists in the tournament of the previous year have right of entry.
|Friday 12th February||Registration opens (EnterNOW).|
|Wednesday 9th June||Entries close for the 2021 Anchor AIMS Games at 11.59pm. The EnterNOW system will generate a confirmation email three days prior to entries closing so school coordinators can check that they have entered the correct individuals, teams, codes, divisions etc. The AIMS Games Trust has a strict NO REFUND policy from this date! NO EXCEPTIONS!|
|Wednesday 23rd June||All schools must have paid their registration invoice to have their entry confirmed. Late entries (if accepted) will incur a 50% penalty fee.|
|Wednesday 30th June||Confirmation sent to all 2021 participating schools (if registration for a sporting code is oversubscribed then the opportunity to compete will be at the discretion of the executive committee).|
|Wednesday 28th July||All Team/individual online name and code information registration forms to be completed. NOTE: Any team that withdraws after this date will be ineligible to compete at the 2022 Anchor AIMS Games Netball tournament.|
|Monday 2nd August||School group opening ceremony ticket bookings go on sale through Ticketek.|
|Monday 9th August||Public opening ceremony tickets go on sale through Ticketek.|
|Wednesday 11th August||Team sporting code draws published|
|Friday 13th August||All parents/caregivers must have completed their child’s medical and media waiver forms on our website.|
|Thursday 2nd September||Individual sporting code draws published.|
|Saturday 4th September||The 17th Anchor AIMS Games International Sporting Championships opens.|
|Sunday 5th September||Opening Ceremonies, Trustpower Arena at Baypark, Mt Maunganui (First show – 3.00pm, Second show – 7.00pm).|
Under 13 Years Divisions
- Open to girls and boys who are Under 13 Years.
- Maximum three boys per team. Maximum two boys on the court at any one time and they must be in different playing areas of the court. i.e. (GS,GA) (WA,C,WD) (GK,GD)
- Maximum of 12 registered players per team.
- Netball NZ (NNZ) and the AIMS Games Trust recommends all players get a minimum of half a game for every game.
Final placings from the 2019 Anchor AIMS Games tournament will determine seedings for this year. If oversubscribed the top 96 placed teams from last year will get automatic entry with final 32 places being balloted if required. Teams withdrawing last minute will be replaced with an Invitation teams (where possible).
|Sunday 5th September||Managers Meeting (Marquee Clubrooms) 1.00pm sharp|
|Umpires Meeting (Tauranga NC – upstairs) 1.00pm sharp|
|Opening Ceremony (Trustpower Arena at Baypark) |
First show – 3.00pm, Second show – 7.00pm
|Monday 6th September||Managers Meeting (Marquee Clubrooms) 8.00am sharp|
|Umpires Meeting (Tauranga NC upstairs) 8.00am sharp|
|Pool Play (round robin format) 9.00am|
|Tuesday 7th September||Pool Play|
|Wednesday 8th September||Pool Play|
|Thursday 9th September||Pool Play / Semi Finals|
|Friday 10th September||Finals|
|Prize Giving (Marquee Clubrooms)|
- Managers and Umpires are only required to attend one of the meetings (either Sunday OR Monday).
- There will be night games on the Wednesday and Thursday and all teams will have a substantial break during the afternoon.
The AIMS Games Trust recommends a maximum of 60 minutes of play per day for a student of this age. Coaches and Managers must ensure they bring a sufficient squad to enable player rotation to ensure player safety. Netball NZ (NNZ) and the AIMS Games Trust recommends all players play a minimum of half a game for every game.
- Umpires to hold a minimum Local Centre Practical qualification.
- Secondary students who hold this qualification are to be encouraged to officiate (but must come with the approval of their Principal).
- The organising committee will appoint umpires to matches – Umpires will not officiate their own team.
- The organising committee shall have the right to arrange sponsorship pertaining to umpire and to decide the clothing to be worn, including details relating to sponsor’s name/logo which may appear.
- Umpires are required to wear white (Anchor AIMS Games umpiring tops can be purchased through Logotech).
- Participating teams are required to provide an experienced umpire, or should an umpire be required, then there is an additional cost of $750.00 for the week (indication of requiring a paid umpire is to be recorded and paid for on the initial registration form).
- Any school which makes contact with the Tournament Director in relation to requesting an umpire after the deadline will be charged $200.00 per day, however umpires cannot be guaranteed at this stage.
As of the 1st January 2016, new rules were introduced internationally for Netball. Schools are to ensure umpires, coaches and players are made fully aware of these changes. Local netball centres will be hosting rule change workshops at the beginning of the netball season, otherwise visit www.netball.org/netball/the-rules-of-netball or https://www.netballnz.co.nz/our-game/rules-of-netball
- All games will be two x twelve-minute halves with a two-minute halftime.
- Warm-up for all the games will be on court (10 minutes) – NetballSmart Year 7 and 8 Power Warm up five-minutes and Ball drills five-minutes.
- Each court will be provided with the game ball – Gilbert netball. This must be used for all games. Teams are to provide their own warm up balls.
- Teams are to provide their own first aid kit, time keeper and scorer.
- All games will be stopwatch timed courtside, but will start on the central bell. Team officials shall agree prior to start of the game who is responsible for timekeeping.
- Official score shall be that recorded on the official scorecard – to avoid discrepancies the timekeeper and scorer will sit together (table provided courtside).
- Points – four for a win, two for a draw, one for a loss by three goals or less. If teams are equal on points after round-robin play, placings will be decided by goal ratio.
- We will endeavour to give teams in uneven sections a crossover game. The score does not count for the cross over game but the game MUST be played
- In quarters, semi-finals and final – if there is a draw at full time, play must continue until one team has a two-goal advantage.
- Injury time – As per International rules. The umpire is the sole official of the injury time taken.
- Teams will be defaulted if they are not on court ready to play within one minute of the scheduled start.
- Any team that does not turn up for a scheduled game will be fined $400 and future Anchor AIMS Games netball registration reviewed.
Attendance at a NetballSmart educational workshop is a compulsory event for all coaches prior to the Anchor AIMS Games netball tournament. The workshop not only works through the NetballSmart Year 7 and 8 Power warm up but also provides very useful tips on recovery, hydration and nutrition and how to survive a tournament which is relevant for coaches and managers. Contact the NetballSmart Development Officer in your area to find out more about the workshops.
|Netball South||Renee Bacon: 027 382 1817 |
|Netball Mainland||Hannah Coutts: 027 3404 636 email@example.com|
|Netball Central||Carla van der Merwe: 021 865 340 NetballSmart@netballcentral.co.nz|
|Netball Waikato BOP||Jenne Jones-Poole: 021 613 810|
|Netball Northern||Melanie Kemp: 021 2454 710 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Netball Northern||Suzie Belcher: 021 450 216 email@example.com|
The carpark between the Mt Sports Centre and the Mt Maunganui Tennis Courts is STRICTLY for school vans ONLY – this will be monitored by Aegis security guards at all times!
The top three placed teams in the A Grade section will be presented with medals and a certificate, the top three placed teams in the B, C and D Grade will be presented with certificates at the Marquee Clubrooms at the conclusion of the finals on Friday 10th September.