|Date||Sunday 5th September to Tuesday 7th September 2021|
|Venue||Baywave Aquatic Centre, Cnr Girven Rd and Gloucester St, Mt Maunganui|
|Managers Meeting||Sunday 5th September at 1.00pm at the Arataki Community Centre|
|Costs||$65.00 per swimmer (NZ$)|
$65.00 relays (NZ$)
|Entries Close||Wednesday 9th June 2021 at 11.59pm – Online registrations close|
- Students competing must be enrolled full-time in the school they are representing.
- New Zealand students competing must be classified as a Year 7 or Year 8 student on the New Zealand Ministry of Education Enrol database.
- Participating New Zealand schools must be an affiliated member of NZAIMS – New Zealand Association of Intermediate and Middle Schooling
- Students may compete in more than one code however timetable allowances will NOT be made for any competitors.
- Competitors must be Over 10 years of age and 13 years of age or Under as at the 1st January of the tournament year (2021). Competitor’s birthdates will be required on school registration documentation (accepted birth years for the 2021 Games are: 2008, 2009 and 2010).
- All participants must have online medical and media waiver documentation completed to be eligible compete.
- This is an inclusive event providing opportunities for students with physical, visual and intellectual disabilities to compete. The Para sports of Swimming and Cross Country require a provisional classification for eligibility. In all other sports, disabled athletes compete in an open class. See individual sports for entry requirements.
- Schools are required to pay the entry fee of NZD$65.00 per competitor.
- Schools are required to pay the entry fee of NZD$65.00 for the relays.
- Non-refundable / Payment MUST be made within seven days of receipt of invoice.
- Invoices will be sent to the School Accounts Manager after the entry closing date, Wednesday 9th June 2021.
- Wednesday 9th June 2021 at 11.59pm
- Entries to the 2021 Anchor AIMS Games International Sporting Championships will be made and only accepted online
- All registrations are completed online with EnterNOW.
- Registrations will only be accepted from the designated School Anchor AIMS Games Coordinator.
- Schools will be allocated a unique Anchor AIMS Games registration log in code to complete their entries.
- EnterNOW demo video for schools – View Video
- Sport Coordinators; please indicate clearly on the EnterNOW online Anchor AIMS Games registration page the number of swimmers per Age Division/Gender Division by Wednesday 9th June 2021.
- Swimmers compete based on their age at the start date of the competition (Sunday 5th September 2021).
- Individual Swimmer entries must be entered through the swimmers SNZ Fast Lane by the swimmer’s parent/guardian – https://fastlane.swimming.org.nz/login.
- Individual Swimmer Entries Open on the Friday 2nd July.
- Individual Swimmer Entries Close on Tuesday 3rd August.
- Swimmers may only enter 7 events plus the relays.
- Parents/Guardians must check that their school has registered their swimmer before entering their events through their child’s Fast Lane. Swimmers that have not been registered first by their school will not have their entries accepted.
- Age as at Sunday 5th September 2021.
- The qualifying period is from 1st August 2019 – 1st August 2021.
- The qualifying times are 25m Short Course times. Qualifying times swum in pools other than 25m pools must be converted using the SNZ Conversions.
- This event is open to approved and unapproved times with all times required to be on the SNZ Database.
|Friday 12th February||Registration opens (EnterNOW).|
|Friday 28th May||Deadline for Para swimmers to submit a provisional classification application.|
|Wednesday 9th June||Entries close for the 2021 Anchor AIMS Games at 11.59pm. The EnterNOW system will generate a confirmation email three days prior to entries closing so school coordinators can check that they have entered the correct individuals, teams, codes, divisions etc. The AIMS Games Trust has a strict NO REFUND policy from this date! NO EXCEPTIONS!|
|Wednesday 23rd June||All schools must have paid their registration invoice to have their entry confirmed. Late entries (if accepted) will incur a 50% penalty fee.|
|Wednesday 30th June||Confirmation sent to all 2021 participating schools (if registration for a sporting code is oversubscribed then the opportunity to compete will be at the discretion of the executive committee).|
|Friday 2nd July||Individual Swimmer Entries Open on the Swimming New Zealand Fast Lane – https://fastlane.swimming.org.nz/login.|
|Wednesday 28th July||All Team/individual online name and code information registration forms to be completed.|
|Monday 2nd August||School group opening ceremony ticket bookings go on sale through Ticketek.|
|Tuesday 3rd August||All swimmers event entries must have been completed by their parent/guardian on the Swimming New Zealand website (times are updated automatically).|
|Monday 9th August||Public opening ceremony tickets go on sale through Ticketek.|
|Wednesday 11th August||Team sporting code draws published|
|Friday 13th August||All parents/caregivers must have completed their child’s medical and media waiver forms on our website.|
|Thursday 2nd September||Individual sporting code draws published.|
|Saturday 4th September||The 17th Anchor AIMS Games International Sporting Championships opens.|
|Sunday 5th September||Opening Ceremonies, Trustpower Arena at Baypark, Mt Maunganui (First show – 3.00pm, Second show – 7.00pm).|
|Div 3 Girls||– 11 years of age and under as at the 5th September 2021|
|Div 3 Boys||– 11 years of age and under as at the 5th September 2021|
|Div 2 Girls||– 12 years of age as at the 5th September 2021|
|Div 2 Boys||– 12 years of age as at the 5th September 2021|
|Div 1 Girls||– 13 years of age as at the 5th September 2021|
|Para Girls||– 13 years of age and under as at the 5th September 2021|
|Div 1 Boys||– 13 years of age as at the 5th September 2021|
|Para Boys||– 13 years of age and under as at the 5th September 2021|
This event is open to swimmers with an impairment and a Para swimming classification. Para athletes without a classification must apply for a provisional classification by completing the form below and submitting to email@example.com by Friday 28th May 2021.
There are no qualifying times for Para swimmers however a provisional classification or higher must be held.
To apply for a provisional classification, go to the following link for forms: https://paralympics.org.nz/classification-forms/
More information about classification can be found on both the Swimming New Zealand and Paralympics New Zealand websites.
If you have any questions, please contact Swimming New Zealand’s National Para Swimming Development Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org
The event will be run according to World Para Swimming Rules and Regulations to provide a structure for fair and equitable competition, ensuring that the impact of an impairment is minimized.
All Para swimming races will be run as multi class events with all classifications swimming together. Places in each race will be determined based on comparing each swimmers time to the World Record in their classification. The swimmer with the time closest to their world record as a percentage will place first and so on.
ALL SWIMMERS MUST REGISTER FOR THEIR EVENTS THROUGH THEIR SWIMMING NZ FAST LANE OR THE SNZ ANCHOR AIMS GAMES EVENT PAGE.
Parents/Caregivers will need to go onto their Swimming New Zealand Fast Lane to enter each swimmer into the events they wish to compete in, at the following link: https://fastlane.swimming.org.nz/login.
Although there are no qualifying times for Para swimmers, all swimmers must be proficient in the chosen strokes. Multi classification events being offered at the Anchor AIMS Games in 2021 are:
- 50m free
- 50m back
- 50m breast
- 50m fly
- 100m free
- 100m back
- 100m breast
- 100m IM
|Sunday 5th September||Managers Meeting (Arataki Community Centre) – 1.00pm|
|Warm up – 2.00pm – 2.50pm|
|Session 1 – 3pm – 7pm*|
|Opening Ceremony (Trustpower Arena at Baypark) Show 1 or 3.00pm Show 2 7.00pm|
|Monday 6th September||Warm-up – 2.00pm – 2.50pm|
|Session 2 – 3pm – 7pm*|
|Tuesday 7th September||Warm-up – 2.00pm – 2.50pm|
|Session 3 – 3pm – 7pm*|
|* Finish times will be dependent on entry numbers.|
* Please note that participants in the swimming can only attend the second opening ceremony at 7.00pm as they may still be swimming during the first ceremony at 3.00pm.
- Medals will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, 3rd place in each event per Division as per the event schedule
- Relay Cup awarded to the winning school with combined points from the 4 x 50m Freestyle, 4 x 50m Medley and 6 x 50m Freestyle and will be couriered to the winning school.
- Top School Cup awarded to the winning school with combined points from the Individual Finals and will be couriered to the winning school. If by chance there is a joint winner for the Overall Top School Award, the winner will be decided on individual winning positions; i.e. the more 1st places won, the greater the chance of receiving the Overall Trophy.
- Personal Best Cup awarded to the winning school and will be based on PB% versus entries. In the event of a tie the winner will be determined by the school with the higher number of entries. There will be two PB Cups based on total number of entries i.e. 1-50 & 51+.
Points for Individual & Relay Placings
Swimming NZ rules and regulations govern this competition.
- Swimming NZ reserves the right to determine the number of officials.
- Swimming NZ reserves the right to restrict the number of entries or combine events where necessary.
- Swimmers must be registered on the Swimming NZ database.
- Electronic timing will be used for this meet.
- Events will be swum as per the event schedule.
- The fine for not withdrawing from an event and not showing up is $50.00 per event.
- Over the top starts will be used in all sessions.
- All swimmers, coaches and managers will require an accreditation to enter the venue as per SNZ Policy 009. Coaches and managers will need to apply for an accreditation, more details will be available on the event webpage closer to the event. Applications will open on 2 July and close on 3 August, the same window as athlete entries.
- The meet is short course, 25m.
- Events are run as timed finals.
- The event will be circle seeded with combined age groups being swum during heats.
- Male and Female events will be swum separately.
- The warmup procedure can be found on the SNZ website under the Anchor AIMS Games event page.
- Warm up will be from 30min prior to the start of each session.
- Self-Marshalling will take place for all events. Swimmers should assemble 4 heats prior to their event and 6 heats for 50m events.
- Swimmers compete based on their age at the start of the competition, 5 September 2021.
- Division 1 = 13 years.
- Division 2 = 12 years.
- Division 3 = 11 years and under.
- Para swimmers = multi classification.
- Para swimmers will have their own timed final races.
- Relay events can be made up of any Division and are limited to two teams per school per event.
- Relay events will be swum as Timed Finals.
- Schools can combine to form composite relay teams. However, these teams will swim as a visitor and won’t be eligible to place or score points for their schools.
- Relay team members need to be entered into individual events to be eligible.
- Relays events will include:
Male 4 x 50 Free
Female 4 x 50 Free
Mixed 4 x 50 Free (2M,2F)
Male 4 x 50 Medley
Female 4 x 50 Medley
Mixed 4 x 50 Medley (2M,2F)
Male 6 x 50 Free
Female 6 x 50 Free
Mixed 6 x 50 Free (3M,3F)
Lucky Dip Medley Relay
The Lucky Dip Medley Relay will be based off the 10 fastest 4 x 50m Medley Relay times, per category. As a result, you do not need to enter this event through EnterNOW. The discipline and order of events to be swum will be determined by the spinning of a wheel.
Psych Sheets will be posted on the SNZ event webpage on Friday 6th August 2021.
The AIMS Games Trust does not have a set policy on the wearing of technical suits for those 13 and under. Swimmers under the age of 13 may wear the suits if they wish.
Spectator Entry Fee
Anchor AIMS Games swimming spectators (anybody aged 8 years and over) will be charged $2.00 per day. Spectator tickets will be available via Eventbrite on Saturday 28 August at 9.00am.
- Swimming Championship Venue – Baywave TECT Aquatic and Leisure Centre.
- Strictly NO deck chairs permitted at Baywave.
- Swimming Managers Meeting Venue – Arataki Community Centre, Zambuk Way, Mt Maunganui (next door to Baywave).
|Sunday 5 September|
|Warm-Up: 2.00pm – 2.50pm|
|1||4 x 50m Freestyle Relay||F|
|2||4 x 50m Freestyle Relay||M|
|3||100m Individual Medley – 11 yrs||F|
|4||100m Individual Medley – 11 yrs||M|
|5||100m Individual Medley – 12 yrs||F|
|6||100m Individual Medley – 12 yrs||M|
|7||100m Individual Medley – 13 yrs||F|
|8||100m Individual Medley – 13 yrs||M|
|103||100m Individual Medley – MC||F|
|104||100m Individual Medley – MC||M|
|9||50m Butterfly – 11 yrs||F|
|10||50m Butterfly – 11 yrs||M|
|11||50m Butterfly – 12 yrs||F|
|12||50m Butterfly – 12 yrs||M|
|13||50m Butterfly – 13 yrs||F|
|14||50m Butterfly – 13 yrs||M|
|109||50m Butterfly – MC||F|
|110||50m Butterfly – MC||M|
|15||200m Breaststroke – 11 yrs||F|
|16||200m Breaststroke – 11 yrs||M|
|17||200m Breaststroke – 12 yrs||F|
|18||200m Breaststroke – 12 yrs||M|
|19||200m Breaststroke – 13 yrs||F|
|20||200m Breaststroke – 13 yrs||M|
|21||100m Backstroke – 11 yrs||F|
|22||100m Backstroke – 11 yrs||M|
|23||100m Backstroke – 12 yrs||F|
|24||100m Backstroke – 12 yrs||M|
|25||100m Backstroke – 13 yrs||F|
|26||100m Backstroke – 13 yrs||M|
|121||100m Backstroke – MC||F|
|122||100m Backstroke – MC||M|
|27||200m Freestyle – 11 yrs||F|
|28||200m Freestyle – 11 yrs||M|
|29||200m Freestyle – 12 yrs||F|
|30||200m Freestyle – 12 yrs||M|
|31||200m Freestyle – 13 yrs||F|
|32||200m Freestyle – 13 yrs||M|
|33||4 x 50m Freestyle Relay||Mix|
|Monday 6 September||Tuesday 7 September|
|Session 2||Session 3|
|Warm-up: 2.00pm – 2.50pm||Warm-up: 2.00pm – 2.50pm|
|Competition: 3.00pm||Competition: 3.00pm|
|34||6 x 50m Freestyle Relay||F||61||4 x 50m Medley Relay||F|
|35||6 x 50m Freestyle Relay||M||62||4 x 50m Medley Relay||M|
|36||100m Butterfly – 11 yrs||F||63||200m Individual Medley – 11 yrs||F|
|37||100m Butterfly – 11 yrs||M||64||200m Individual Medley – 11 yrs||M|
|38||100m Butterfly – 12 yrs||F||65||200m Individual Medley – 12 yrs||F|
|39||100m Butterfly – 12 yrs||M||66||200m Individual Medley – 12 yrs||M|
|40||100m Butterfly – 13 yrs||F||67||200m Individual Medley – 13 yrs||F|
|41||100m Butterfly – 13 yrs||M||68||200m Individual Medley – 13 yrs||M|
|42||200m Backstroke – 11 yrs||F||69||50m Backstroke – 11 yrs||F|
|43||200m Backstroke – 11 yrs||M||70||50m Backstroke – 11 yrs||M|
|44||200m Backstroke – 12 yrs||F||71||50m Backstroke – 12 yrs||F|
|45||200m Backstroke – 12 yrs||M||72||50m Backstroke – 12 yrs||M|
|46||200m Backstroke – 13 yrs||F||73||50m Backstroke – 13 yrs||F|
|47||200m Backstroke – 13 yrs||M||74||50m Backstroke – 13 yrs||M|
|48||100m Breaststroke – 11 yrs||F||169||50m Backstroke – MC||F|
|49||100m Breaststroke – 11 yrs||M||170||50m Backstroke – MC||M|
|50||100m Breaststroke – 12 yrs||F||75||50m Breaststroke – 11 yrs||F|
|51||100m Breaststroke – 12 yrs||M||76||50m Breaststroke – 11 yrs||M|
|52||100m Breaststroke – 13 yrs||F||77||50m Breaststroke – 12 yrs||F|
|53||100m Breaststroke – 13 yrs||M||78||50m Breaststroke – 12 yrs||M|
|148||100m Breaststroke – MC||F||79||50m Breaststroke – 13 yrs||F|
|149||100m Breaststroke – MC||M||80||50m Breaststroke – 13 yrs||M|
|54||50m Freestyle – 11 yrs||F||175||50m Breaststroke – MC||F|
|55||50m Freestyle – 11 yrs||M||176||50m Breaststroke – MC||M|
|56||50m Freestyle – 12 yrs||F||81||100m Freestyle – 11 yrs||F|
|57||50m Freestyle – 12 yrs||M||82||100m Freestyle – 11 yrs||M|
|58||50m Freestyle – 13 yrs||F||83||100m Freestyle – 12 yrs||F|
|59||50m Freestyle – 13 yrs||M||84||100m Freestyle – 12 yrs||M|
|154||50m Freestyle – MC||F||85||100m Freestyle – 13 yrs||F|
|155||50m Freestyle – MC||M||86||100m Freestyle – 13 yrs||M|
|60||6 x 50m Freestyle Relay||Mix||181||100m Freestyle – MC||F|
|182||100m Freestyle – MC||M|
|87||4 x 50m Medley Relay||Mix|
Event Qualifying Times
|Division 3||Division 2||Division 1||Division 1||Division 2||Division 3|
|(11 & Under)||(12yrs)||(13yrs)||(13yrs)||(12yrs)||(11 & Under)|
|EVENTS||Division 3 Girls||Division 3 Boys||Division 2 Girls||Division 2 Boys||Division 1 Girls||Division 1 Boys|
|50m Back||31.28 – (13)||31.43 – (18)||31.05 – (16)||30.18 – (16)||29.95 – (12)||28.78 – (18)|
|100m Back||1:06.33 – (13)||1:06.94 – (19)||1:05.96 – (15)||1:06.97 – (18)||1:03.55 – (12)||1:03.13 – (15)|
|200m Back||2:28.76 – (18)||2:30.90 – (18)||2:22.41 – (19)||2:21.40 – (19)||2:19.57 – (12)||2:14.21 – (15)|
|50m Breast||35.15 – (10)||34.87 – (13)||33.86 – (19)||33.49 – (19)||34.81 – (17)||32.42 – (18)|
|100m Breast||1:17.32 – (18)||1:15.31 – (13)||1:14.60 – (19)||1:13.19 – (19)||1:16.92 – (15)||1:10.87 – (18)|
|200m Breast||2:54.10 – (18)||2:47.51 – (19)||2:44.66 – (17)||2:40.49 – (15)||2:41.66 – (15)||2:35.14 – (15)|
|50m Fly||29.71 – (10)||30.23 – (19)||29.32 – (16)||29.64 – (16)||29.56 – (19)||28.29- (18)|
|100m Fly||1:07.27 – (10)||1:05.75 – (19)||1:04.84 – (11)||1:06.00 – (15)||1:05.75 – (19)||1:03.03 – (18)|
|50m Free||28.15 – (10)||27.21 – (19)||27.70 – (16)||26.74 – (16)||27.20 – (14)||25.85 – (18)|
|100m Free||1:01.4 – (10)||57.25 – (19)||59.96 – (18)||58.09 – (19)||59.02 – (14)||57.43 – (14)|
|200m Free||2:17.41 – (18)||2:08.21 – (19)||2:10.18 – (18)||2:08.24 – (15)||2:09.95 – (15)||2:05.43 – (18)|
|100m IM||1:08.44 – (10)||1:07.42 – (13)||1:08.38 – (16)||1:06.58 – (15)||1:07.18 – (19)||1:04.18 – (18)|
|200m IM||2:32.71 – (18)||2:25.24 – (09)||2:28.56 – (11)||2:26.46- (18)||2:26.32 – (15)||2:22.23 – (13)|
|4 x 50m Free Relay, 1:51.92 (2018) – Murray’s Bay Intermediate, Auckland, New Zealand|
|4 x 50m Medley Relay, 2:02.89 (2018) – Murray’s Bay Intermediate, Auckland, New Zealand|