|Date||Monday 6th September to Friday 10th September 2021|
|Venue||Powerco WBOP Tennis Centre, Gordon Spratt Reserve, Parton Road, Papamoa|
|Managers Meeting||Monday 6th September 7.45am at the Powerco WBOP Tennis Centre|
|Costs||$75.00 per player (NZ$)|
|Entries Close||Wednesday 9th June 2021 at 11.59pm – Online registrations close|
|Tennis player registration forms completed online including (competitors’ names, date of birth, tennis club, Tennis NZ grade and manager’s name and contact details).|
A tournament committee will be in place to administer and facilitate the running of this tournament.
- Students competing must be enrolled full-time in the school they are representing.
- New Zealand students competing must be classified as a Year 7 or Year 8 student on the New Zealand Ministry of Education Enrol database.
- Participating New Zealand schools must be an affiliated member of NZAIMS – New Zealand Association of Intermediate and Middle Schooling
- Students may compete in more than one code however timetable allowances will NOT be made for any competitors.
- Competitors must be Over 10 years of age and 13 years of age or Under as at the 1st January of the tournament year (2021). Competitor’s birthdates will be required on school registration documentation (accepted birth years for the 2021 Games are: 2008, 2009 and 2010).
- All participants must have online medical and media waiver documentation completed to be eligible compete.
- This is an inclusive event providing opportunities for students with physical, visual and intellectual disabilities to compete. The Para sports of Swimming and Cross Country require a provisional classification for eligibility. In all other sports, disabled athletes compete in an open class. See individual sports for entry requirements.
- Schools are required to pay the entry fee of $75.00 per individual (NZ$).
- Non-refundable / Payment MUST be made within seven days of receipt of invoice.
- Invoices will be sent to the School Accounts Manager after the entry closing date, Wednesday 9th June 2021.
- Wednesday 9th June 2021 at 11.59pm
- Entries to the 2021 Anchor AIMS Games International Sporting Championships will be made and only accepted online
- All registrations are completed online with EnterNOW.
- Registrations will only be accepted from the designated School Anchor AIMS Games Coordinator.
- Schools will be allocated a unique Anchor AIMS Games registration log in code to complete their entries.
- EnterNOW demo video for schools – View Video
The draw is strictly limited to 56 players in the boys draw and 56 players in the girls draw. If registration for the Anchor AIMS Games Tennis is oversubscribed, then the lowest ranked players will be withdrawn (if unsuccessful the individual entry will be refunded). Team/Individual Registration Forms completed online by Wednesday 9th June (competitors’ names, date of birth, tennis club, Tennis NZ Match Hub grade and manager’s name and contact details are required so players can be ranked and managers notified).
|Friday 12th February||Registration opens (EnterNOW).|
|Wednesday 9th June||Entries close for the 2021 Anchor AIMS Games at 11.59pm. The EnterNOW system will generate a confirmation email three days prior to entries closing so school coordinators can check that they have entered the correct individuals, teams, codes, divisions etc. The AIMS Games Trust has a strict NO REFUND policy from this date! NO EXCEPTIONS!|
|Wednesday 9th June||Tennis player registration forms completed online including (competitors’ names, date of birth, tennis club, Tennis NZ grade and manager’s name and contact details).|
|Wednesday 23rd June||All schools must have paid their registration invoice to have their entry confirmed. Late entries (if accepted) will incur a 50% penalty fee.|
|Wednesday 30th June||Confirmation sent to all 2021 participating schools (if registration for a sporting code is oversubscribed then the opportunity to compete will be at the discretion of the executive committee).|
|Monday 2nd August||School group opening ceremony ticket bookings go on sale through Ticketek.|
|Monday 9th August||Public opening ceremony tickets go on sale through Ticketek.|
|Wednesday 11th August||Team sporting code draws published|
|Friday 13th August||All parents/caregivers must have completed their child’s medical and media waiver forms on our website.|
|Thursday 2nd September||Individual sporting code draws published.|
|Saturday 4th September||The 17th Anchor AIMS Games International Sporting Championships opens.|
|Sunday 5th September||Opening Ceremonies, Trustpower Arena at Baypark, Mt Maunganui (First show – 3.00pm, Second show – 7.00pm).|
- Girls Under 13 Years Singles Open
- Girls Under 13 Years Singles Social Grade
- Girls Under 13 Years Doubles Open
- Boys Under 13 Years Singles Open
- Boys Under 13 Years Singles Social Grade
- Boys Under 13 Years Doubles Open
Wednesday 8th September Singles Semi Finals / Finals 8.00am to 7.00pm
|Sunday 5th September||Opening Ceremony (Trustpower Arena at Baypark) First show – 3.00pm, Second show – 7.00pm|
|Monday 6th September||Managers Meeting (Powerco Papamoa Tennis Centre) 7.45am|
|Singles Competition 8.00am to 7.00pm|
|Tuesday 7th September||Singles Competition 8.00am to 7.00pm|
|Thursday 9th September||Contingency day for Singles Finals / Doubles 8.00am to 7.00pm|
|Friday 10th September||Contingency day if necessary|
|PLEASE NOTE: This may change subject to wet weather!|
- The tournament will run under Tennis New Zealand Rules.
- All players MUST have a Tennis NZ Match Hub Grading or an equivalent national grade from their country of origin.
- The Tournament Manager reserves the right, in the event of wet weather, to shorten sets, the number of sets or the number of games in any event and alter playing times – there will be some games under lights to get through the programme.
- Players cannot be replaced once the draw has been set.
- Format of draws will be based on entry numbers.
- All players guaranteed at least 3 matches.
- All main draw open division matches will be the best of three tie breaker sets.
- No-Advantage scoring to apply until semi-finals.
- All other matches will be two tie breaker sets and a Super Tie Breaker (1st to 10 points) if required in lieu of a 3rd set and No-Advantage scoring. Some social division and plate matches may be shortened to two sets of 4and a tiebreaker (1st to 7points) if required in lieu of a 3rd set. No-Advantage scoring to apply.
- Doubles playing partner must attend the same school.
- All main draw matches will be two tie breaker sets and a super tie breaker (1st to 10 points) if required in lieu of a 3rd set and No-Advantage scoring to apply.
- Plate matches will be shortened to two sets of 4 and a tiebreaker (1st to 7 points) if required in lieu of a 3rd set. No-Advantage scoring to apply.
Draw for First Round
The draw will be emailed to all team managers on Thursday 2nd September, published on the Anchor AIMS Games and TNZ website and will also be available at the Managers Meeting on the Monday morning.
All players must be prepared to adjudicate matches as required. A Tournament Referee will be available.
Schools with less than two competitors in a Gender Division will be ineligible.
|Boys teams||Boys Division results from singles placings – the placing of the top two boys will be added together. Lowest team total is the winner|
i.e. a placing of 6th and 13th = 19 points (1st),
5th and 22nd = 27 points (2nd).
|Girls teams||Girls Division results from singles placings – same as above|
When team points are tied it is judged on the school that has the highest placed competitor.
Singles and Doubles place getters will be presented with their medals at the Powerco WBOP Tennis Centre. The Teams Event top two place getters will also receive their medals at the conclusion of the tournament at the Tennis venue.