|Date||Monday 6th September to Friday 10th September 2021|
|Venue||Baywave TECT Aquatic & Leisure Centre & Aquatic Centre Te Pare a Ruahine – Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology|
|Managers Meeting||Monday 6th September 8.00am at Baywave TECT Aquatic & Leisure Centre|
|Costs||$800.00 per team (NZ$)|
|Entries Close||Wednesday 9th June 2021 at 11.59pm – Online registrations close|
- Students competing must be enrolled full-time in the school they are representing.
- New Zealand students competing must be classified as a Year 7 or Year 8 student on the New Zealand Ministry of Education Enrol database.
- Participating New Zealand schools must be an affiliated member of NZAIMS – New Zealand Association of Intermediate and Middle Schooling
- Students may compete in more than one code however timetable allowances will NOT be made for any competitors.
- Competitors must be Over 10 years of age and 13 years of age or Under as at the 1st January of the tournament year (2021). Competitor’s birthdates will be required on school registration documentation (accepted birth years for the 2021 Games are: 2008, 2009 and 2010).
- All participants must have online medical and media waiver documentation completed to be eligible compete.
- This is an inclusive event providing opportunities for students with physical, visual and intellectual disabilities to compete. The Para sports of Swimming and Cross Country require a provisional classification for eligibility. In all other sports, disabled athletes compete in an open class. See individual sports for entry requirements.
- Schools are required to pay the entry fee of $800.00 per team (NZ$).
- Non-refundable / Payment MUST be made within seven days of receipt of invoice.
- Invoices will be sent to the School Accounts Manager after the entry closing date, Wednesday 9th June 2021.
- Wednesday 9th June 2021 at 11.59pm
- Entries to the 2021 Anchor AIMS Games International Sporting Championships will be made and only accepted online
- All registrations are completed online with EnterNOW.
- Registrations will only be accepted from the designated School Anchor AIMS Games Coordinator.
- Schools will be allocated a unique Anchor AIMS Games registration log in code to complete their entries.
- EnterNOW demo video for schools – View Video
If registration for an activity is oversubscribed, then the opportunity to participate will be at the discretion of the executive committee and no further correspondence will be entered into (if unsuccessful the team entry will be refunded). The four semi-finalists in the tournament of the previous year have right of entry.
|Friday 12th February||Registration opens (EnterNOW).|
|Wednesday 9th June||Entries close for the 2021 Anchor AIMS Games at 11.59pm. The EnterNOW system will generate a confirmation email three days prior to entries closing so school coordinators can check that they have entered the correct individuals, teams, codes, divisions etc. The AIMS Games Trust has a strict NO REFUND policy from this date! NO EXCEPTIONS!|
|Wednesday 23rd June||All schools must have paid their registration invoice to have their entry confirmed. Late entries (if accepted) will incur a 50% penalty fee.|
|Wednesday 30th June||Confirmation sent to all 2021 participating schools (if registration for a sporting code is oversubscribed then the opportunity to compete will be at the discretion of the executive committee).|
|Wednesday 28th July||All Team/individual online name and code information registration forms to be completed. Competitors’ names, date of birth, coach and manager’s names and phone/email details are required. NOTE: Any team that withdraws after this date will be ineligible to compete at the 2022 Anchor AIMS Games Water Polo tournament.|
|Monday 2nd August||School group opening ceremony ticket bookings go on sale through Ticketek.|
|Monday 9th August||Public opening ceremony tickets go on sale through Ticketek.|
|Wednesday 11th August||Team sporting code draws published|
|Friday 13th August||All parents/caregivers must have completed their child’s medical and media waiver forms on our website.|
|Thursday 2nd September||Individual sporting code draws published.|
|Saturday 4th September||The 17th Anchor AIMS Games International Sporting Championships opens.|
|Sunday 5th September||Opening Ceremonies, Trustpower Arena at Baypark, Mt Maunganui (First show – 3.00pm, Second show – 7.00pm).|
- Girls Division (Teams can be made up of girls only).
If there are less than six Girls Division teams all teams will play in the Open Division.
- Open Division (Teams can be made up of any gender ratio / teams can be boys only).
- Players may only be registered in one Water Polo team.
- Maximum of 11 registered players per team.
- To ensure players are given equal opportunities the AIMS Games Trust recommends all players get a minimum of half a games play, per game.
- Baywave TECT Aquatic & Leisure Centre – Corner Girven Road & Gloucester Rd, Bayfair, Mt Maunganui
- Aquatic Centre, Te Pare a Ruahine – Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology, Windermere Campus, 70 Windermere Drive, Tauranga
|Sunday 5th September||Opening Ceremony (Trustpower Arena at Baypark) First show – 3.00pm, Second show – 7.00pm|
|Monday 6th September||Managers Meeting (Baywave TECT Aquatic & Leisure Centre) 8.00am start|
|Pool Play (Baywave TECT Aquatic & Leisure Centre) 8.30am to 1.30pm|
|Pool Play (Aquatic Centre – Te Pare a Ruahine) 10.00am to 8.00pm|
|Tuesday 7th September||Pool Play (Baywave TECT Aquatic & Leisure Centre) 8.30am to 2.30pm|
|Pool Play (Aquatic Centre – Te Pare a Ruahine) 9.00am to 8.00pm|
|Wednesday 8th September||Pool Play (Baywave TECT Aquatic & Leisure Centre) 8.00am to 9.00pm|
|Pool Play (Aquatic Centre – Te Pare a Ruahine) 10.00am to 3.30pm|
|Thursday 9th September||Pool Play/Semi Finals (Baywave TECT Aquatic & Leisure Centre) 8.00am to 9.00pm|
|Pool Play/Semi Finals (Aquatic Centre – Te Pare a Ruahine) 8.00am to 1.00pm|
|Friday 10th September||Semi-finals/Finals (Baywave TECT Aquatic & Leisure Centre) 8.00am to 3.00pm|
|Prize Giving (Baywave TECT Aquatic & Leisure Centre)|
A tournament committee will be in place to administer and facilitate the running of this tournament.
- FINA rules, and age appropriate rules, as adopted by NZWP shall apply.
- At the completion of the round robin, all games requiring a definite result will move to ‘Golden Goal’ sudden death (first goals win).
- All games will be played in four x five minutes running time quarters.
- Players are not permitted in the empty lanes of the pool while another game is being played.
- Open Division teams can be made up of any gender ratio (teams can be boys only).
- Girls Division teams can be made up of girls only.
- Six team members play at once including the goalie.
- Goalkeepers and players are interchangeable.
- Maximum of 11 players in each team.
- ALL players on the game sheet MUST play one (1) full period during the first half of the game; no substitutions (other than through injury) are allowed during play within the first two (2) quarters, i.e. a coach plays six (6) players during the complete first quarter of the game and then up to six (6) different players, including the goalkeeper if there is a second goalkeeper listed, during the second quarter.
- Team named first, on left of draw, will wear WHITE caps.
- Two players from the team wearing white caps will be goal judges for the following game.
- No timeouts allowed.
- 30 second shot clock will apply regardless of having no stop clock, except in final minute of game.
- There will be no substitutions in the last minute of last quarter in any games.
Referees and table duty officials will be supplied by the tournament organisers. The cost for this is included in the entry fee. If you have a qualified Referee attending with your team, please let the tournament organiser know (there will be a space for this on your EnterNOW team registration sheet which is due in by Wednesday 28th July 2021).
The top three placed teams in each division will be presented with their certificates and medals at the Baywave Aquatic Centre at the conclusion of the finals on Friday 10th September.